Sweet Potato Turkey
I felt like I needed to post a recipe that involves turkey this week, but there is no way I’m going to instruct you on how to cook the full bird for Thanksgiving! So, we’re settling with a great throw-together meal that will satisfy your family on any given evening.
I threw this sweet potato turkey together with some ingredients I had around the house and it turned out to be wonderful!
Ingredients for Sweet Potato Turkey
2 Sweet Potatoes
1 lb. Ground Turkey
1 Red Pepper
1 Red Anaheim Chili Pepper
1 Clove of Garlic
1 Can of Chicken Broth
2T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Cinnamon Stick
Steps to Make Sweet Potato Turkey
1. Peel and cube sweet potatoes
2. Remove seeds and ribs from the red pepper and chop it up.
3. Remove ribs and seeds from the chili pepper and chop it up.
4. Peel the garlic clove and crush it with the side of a knife.
5. Chop up half an onion.
6. Place sweet potatoes in a skillet with the olive oil and cover them with the can of chicken broth. Keep them over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, until tender.
7. Meanwhile, brown ground turkey in a separate skillet with 1T cumin.
8. When potatoes are tender, remove them from the skillet and combine all other ingredients with a cinnamon stick and a sprinkle of cumin and warm them until tender in that same skillet.
9. Once turkey is browned and peppers, onion, and garlic are tender, mix everything together in one large bowl.
What is your favorite throw-together dinner?